Non-licensed boiler maintenance almost has a steep price

Our boiler stopped working last Spring and my good friend and I never got it fixed.

After all, warmer weather was almost here.

Besides, a space boiler kept us hot enough for a month or two. But then fall arrived and my good friend and I still hadn’t gotten the boiler fixed. However, Christmas was coming and my good friend and I just couldn’t afford to get the boiler fixed professionally. Instead, I hired a buddy of my neighbors to fix it for us. The cost was only $100 and he got it working in a few hours. I was glad. That is until my good friend and I were all watching TV and my good friend and I all started feeling exhausted. I looked over at my 2 year seasoned child and observed that his face was bright red. That didn’t seem right. Then I remembered that people get exhausted and green faced when there is a carbon monoxide issue in the house. I suddenly used my O2 sensor on my finger and found that my oxygen levels were way lower than they should be. I grabbed up the kids, woke up my husband, and my good friend and I all ran outside. My husband got some fresh air then went inside and turned off the boiler and opened the windows while I took the kids to the hospital. We were all ok, thank God. But that is the last time I will use a non-licensed person to labor on my boiler. We are keeping the boiler turned off and my good friend and I are calling up a licensed Heating and Air Conditioning supplier to come out and fix our boiler right. My family’s lives are worth the extra cash.



hvac brands