Non-licensed furnace repair almost has a steep price

Our furnace stopped working last spring and we never got it fixed.

After all, warmer weather was almost here.

Besides, a space heater kept us warm enough for a month or two. But then fall arrived and we still hadn’t gotten the furnace fixed. However, Christmas was coming and we just couldn’t afford to get the furnace fixed professionally. Instead, I hired a friend of my neighbors to fix it for us. The cost was only $100 and he got it working in a few hours. I was thrilled. That is until we were all watching TV and we all started feeling sleepy. I looked over at my 2 year old son and noticed that his face was bright red. That didn’t seem right. Then I remembered that people get sleepy and red faced when there is a carbon monoxide issue in the house. I quickly used my O2 sensor on my finger and found that my oxygen levels were way lower than they should be. I grabbed up the kids, woke up my husband, and we all ran outside. My husband got some fresh air then went inside and turned off the furnace and opened the windows while I took the kids to the hospital. We were all ok, thank God. But that is the last time I will use a non-licensed person to work on my furnace. We are keeping the furnace turned off and we are calling up a licensed HVAC company to come out and fix our furnace right. My family’s lives are worth the extra money.

home owner solutions