Every time my child gets ice cream, she has to share it with our dog.
Because of this, the people I was with and I consistently give him a little extra on her ice cream cone, or in her dish.
For some reason, our dog wasn’t in the mood for ice cream last week. Instead of our child eating all the ice cream, she dumped the melted leftover into the air vent. It only took a couple afternoons before the people I was with and I knew what she had done. The smell of sour milk permeated the lake house every time the heat turned on. The stink was so bad that I didn’t guess how I was going to allow my sibling to bring her child over for a play date. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the option to come up with an excuse, because she showed up an hour early. Normally I would have loved the extra time with my sibling, but not this week. I was too interested in getting the air vent cover off the air duct so I could wash up the mess inside. When she walked in the house, I could hear her chuckle. She said the same thing had happened at her lake house last week. Her child was tired of the chocolate milk she was given at dinner, & dumped the entire glass of chocolate milk into the air vent. Her first thought was to scream, although she did just what I was doing instead. She had to take the air vent cover off & clean the air duct, while hoping she got all the residue. Then she laughed & said it still didn’t get rid of the smell of spoiled milk.